Social Media Policy
Social Media Policy
We welcome honest, open and respectful conversation across Peebles Media Group’s social media channels; however we do reserve the right to remove comments or discussion posts which are or could be detrimental to others and their enjoyment of our content.
Users who continually break the house rules risk being permanently removed or blocked as fans/ followers.
We reserve the right to remove comments which:
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend other users
- Are defamatory or contain false information pertaining to individuals and/ or organisations that they refer to
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Are off-topic for the page, profile, discussion or site to which you are posting
- Are considered to be ‘spam’ (posts containing the same message posted multiple times)
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as names, phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Identify individuals, either by name, ‘tagging’ or the disclosure of personal information relating to that individual which they do not wish to be shared online*
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Could break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity including breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
* If you have been tagged or identified in a post and you would like it removed, the quickest way to get in touch is to send us a message on the channel. We will endeavour to get back to you within 1 working day. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any further queries relating to social media house rules, you can send us a direct message via the account you are enquiring about, call us on 0141 567 6000 (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm) or email email@example.com.
By commenting on a Peebles Media Group profile you are indicating that you have read, understand and agree to abide by the policy laid out above.