Delia Metral, Mondelez, shares three top Easter scheduling tips for shopkeepers.
1. Get a fast start in January
- Start the countdown with single serve products, when consumers are looking to keep their spirits up after Christmas. Stock bestselling lines including the number one single serve Cadbury Creme Egg and the number two brand at Easter, Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- Continue to stock these for the duration of the season. Mondelez single-serve products accounted for 64% of the sub category Easter 2018.
- Make the most of marketing investment. Cadbury Creme Egg will be on TV from the first of January running through till April.
2. Continue the countdown theme through mid-season February and March
- Use family sharing lines. For example, Cadbury Mini Eggs and Cadbury Egg ‘n’ Spoon to create excitement.
- Cadbury will be supporting egg hunts with a £6m campaign and will be continuing its hunt for the Cadbury White Creme Egg.
3. Secure a fanfare finish three weeks before Easter
- Once Easter is here families are looking for things to do together – stock family sharing and gifting lines.